We at "Lucent Soft" or "we" are constantly striving to provide excellent service to you, our customers and business partners, while building a long-lasting relationship with you. To achieve these goals, we occasionally need information about you when you visit our sites.
This policy covers how Lucent Soft collects, uses and protects the information we gather through your use of the Lucent Soft Websites (defined below) and in connection with off-line communications. Specifically, Lucent Soft may collect this information from offline and online registrations and forms, communications and interactions, and sales inquiries and transactions. We also may use third party sources, such as opt-in lists. Please note that this policy may still apply if you elect private browsing.
No matter how Lucent Soft comes to have your information, we want you to know that we respect the privacy of your information and that you should be aware of how we handle it.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Lucent Soft does not:
- Sell the names and addresses of our customers and/or site users to outside vendors
Lucent Soft does:
- Safeguard customers' information from unauthorized access.
- Collect, maintain and use customer information as necessary to provide the most helpful and targeted products and services to meet customers’ needs (e.g. customer care or new products or services).
- Honor customers' requests to remove their names from our telephone or mail solicitation lists in a timely manner. Just Contact Us.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information when undertaking projects with other companies.
Information Gathered and Tracked by Lucent Soft
Organizational and Personal Information You Knowingly Give Us.
Within our Lucent Soft Websites, you may be asked to give us personal or organizational information in order to purchase or receive information about a product or service. We may collect this information through different methods, including:
- Registration Forms. We encourage all visitors to register with Lucent Soft, although registration is not required, except for access to our premium content areas. The registration forms require users to give us accurate contact information (like name and email address) and references that help us better serve you. Your name and email address may be used to send you information about our company, product updates, special offers, and newsletters. To opt out of receiving communications from Lucent Soft, please Contact Us.
- Order Forms and Enrollment Forms. Our order forms securely collect visitor’s contact information and financial information (like your credit card number and other billing information). Contact information on the order form is used for order fulfillment and may be shared with our Partners or Resellers if that is necessary to fulfill your request. The information that we require in our order form is only used to process your order quickly and accurately. Your contact information will only be used to send you the product that you purchase and your billing information will only be used to bill you for that product. During the purchasing process, you may be given the opportunity to sign up for future e-mailings regarding our products, services, and promotions. If you sign up, we will share your contact information with other Lucent Soft partner companies only, not with other outside companies.
You may also be given the option of registering a profile with us which would store your name, purchase history, and billing information to make it easier for you to shop and purchase products/services from us in the future. You may opt out of this feature at any time by changing/canceling your profile online.
Lucent Soft may collect other information, including, but not necessarily limited to:
- Contact information, such as name, physical address, telephone number(s), email address, and company. The majority of the information collected under this category is business contact information and when this information is collected in forms on our Lucent Soft Websites, it is collected and/or transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Transactional information, including information about the products and services you purchase or download or about which you make an inquiry.
- User preferences, such as product requirements, areas of industry interest, newsletters, community choices and other information you select in the customer profile when registering on Lucent Soft Websites or indicated by your use of the Lucent Soft Websites.
- Financial/credit card and payment information. Please see the “How Lucent Soft Uses and Shares This Information” section for more information.
- Event and conference participation information, such as lectures, classes or booths attended or visited during an event or conference hosted or attended by Lucent Soft. If we use electronic tracking technologies at an event, we will provide notice in the event registration materials and/or correspondence.
- Other information which may include, but is not limited to, browser and device information, data collected through automated electronic interactions, application usage data, demographic information, geographic or geo-location information, statistical and aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify a specific person, but it may be derived from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users in a particular zip code.
We may also supplement information you provide with information received from third parties.
How Lucent Soft Uses and Shares This Information
The information you submit may be used or shared with third parties for any of the following purposes:
- To engage in transactions. We may use personal information such as name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and company to engage in transactions with you, including contacting you about your order.
- To process transactions. We may use financial/credit card and payment information to process your order. Personally identifiable information that is needed in order to issue an invoice is stored on Lucent Soft Web servers in a commercially reasonable manner designed to safeguard against unauthorized access. We have put in place the appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We do not store unnecessary information about you or for an unnecessary length of time. We may need to share some of this information with delivery services, credit card clearing houses and other third parties to complete the transaction. If we use an automated process to collect your credit card information, we may share this information with a third party vendor specifically selected for its superior practice, in which case we do not retain a copy of that information on our servers.
- To provide support or other services. We may use your personal information to provide you support or other services you have ordered, as well as product updates, product patches and fixes and other similar communications.
- To tailor marketing to your needs and respond to your requests. We may use your personal information to notify you about new product releases and service developments, to respond directly to your requests for information, or pass your contact information to the appropriate Lucent Soft distributor or reseller for further follow-up related to your interests.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Lucent Soft Websites which may contain personal information. Prior to posting the testimonial, we obtain the customer's consent to post their name along with their testimonial.
- To communicate with you about a conference or event. We or our partners may communicate with you about a conference or event hosted or co-sponsored by Lucent Soft or one of our partners. This may include information about the event’s content, event logistics, payment, updates, and any additional meetings, special demonstrations or other customer facilitation that we may provide related to an event for which you have registered. We may contact you after the event about the event and related products and services and may share information about your attendance with your company.
- To comply with legal requirements. Lucent Soft may be required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure or other legal process requirements. We will use reasonable efforts to limit the personal information it provides for these purposes.
The security of your personal information is very important to Lucent Soft. We have in place physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. In addition, Lucent Soft uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data such as credit card details. When you enter sensitive information such as your credit card number on our site, we encrypt it using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
In the event that your personal information is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, we will notify you of the breach by email, fax, or U.S. mail. We will give you notice promptly, consistent with the reasonable needs of law enforcement and/or Lucent Soft to determine the scope of the breach and to investigate and restore the integrity of the data system.
We use third parties to assist you if you have questions while using our sites, teleconference services to provide you with webinars and demos, and a service provider to host and provide our content. When you sign up to receive any of these services, we will share your personal information only as necessary with the third party solely for the purpose of providing that service. In addition, we may use a specialized third party for our subscription billing platform.
We provide the information to our trusted distribution partners who work on behalf of or with Lucent Soft under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your information to help Lucent Soft communicate with you about offers from Lucent Soft and our partners. These companies do not have any independent right to share this information. If you would like to opt out of having your information shared with these third parties you may Contact Us, but please note that opting out may preclude you from licensing certain products due to our point of sale processes.
Commitment to Children's Online Privacy
Lucent Soft Websites are not directed at children. Lucent Soft does not knowingly accept online personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under 18 or otherwise would be required to have parent or guardian consent to share information with Lucent Soft, you should not send any information about yourself to us.
Cross Border Transfers
We are a corporation with operations worldwide, and have developed global data practices designed to assure your personal information is appropriately protected. Please note that your personal information may be transferred, accessed and stored globally as necessary for the uses stated above in accordance with this policy. By using the Lucent Soft Websites, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
We ask that you not send us, and you not share any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership).
If you have any privacy concerns or would like to correct and/or update your information, please Contact Us.
While the majority of questions and issues related to access can be handled quickly, complex requests may take more research and time. In such cases, issues will be addressed, or you will be contacted regarding the nature of the problem and appropriate next steps, within thirty days.
Changes to Policy